Sunday, April 30, 2023

The Age of AI

 The Age of AI 

The Age of AI is a very interesting and controversial topic over the last decade. One thing that has become known is that "Artificial Intelligence has become a driver for increased inequality because it's the form of automation and automation is the substitution of capital for labor. 

When A.I. does that the people with the capital win, which means that with A.I. making an impact, it is only making things worse because it is making the wealthy wealthier and the poor even poorer. 

A.I. has been the ultimate tool for wealth creation and it is a set of tools that help you maximize an objective function. The objective function is usually to make more money and grow. 

A.I. is also involved in your daily life more than we ever could've known and not in a good way. Everywhere you go it is producing data, whether we want it to or not. It knows what we want to buy by our search history and what we look up on social media. It also knows what our interests and where we like to travel.

It's common when using Facebook or any other form of social media. Typically, an ad comes up with something that you're interested in without you looking it up. In some ways that can be a positive thing because it could be something you want to buy, but on the other hand it is a little creepy and unsettling to know that they know all this information about you.

An interesting quote from the video was, "social media has been us, not us using social media." I thought that kind of shows you in a way how A.I. has placed themselves in our lives in a way we didn't really want them to. 

Alexa has been one of the ways that A.I. has found out more about us. They can make inferences on if you're feeling sick or depressed or in good spirits just by talking to them or asking questions. Even in job interviews, A.I. is listening into our conversations. It seems like now that A.I. is just here to find out information about us and not for us to get information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship with Technology

 My Relationship with Technology Everyone has had different experiences and different purposes when using technology. Personally for me, tec...